Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Mama's Outrage: R. Kelly at the Daycare (protect your daughters)

Some days, you don't know who to be mad at, you just know that you are mad as hell and you not gonna take too much shit off of anyone.

I walk into the daycare and the lady who watches my daughter is grooving to a video on her portable TV of R. Kelly in concert. I lost it!

"I don't want my daughter watching R. Kelly." She did not turn it off. As I was walking out the door, I said, "I'm serious, put her down, don't let her see him, I don't want my daughter watching him."

When I got to my car, running late did not matter to me, I slowed down, picked up my cell phone and called the daycare and said, "R. Kelly is a pedophile, I do not want her exposed to him like that."

I was told it would be turned off.

I did not know how pissed off I was at even the allegation of R. Kelly having sex with 14 year old girls. What even pisses me off more is the fact that there is a large population of the Black community (colony) that looks at 14 year old girls as grown women and saw nor see anything wrong with this man manipulating children.

Do we hate ourselves so much sisters that we refuse to protect our daughters from damaging images and people? Our children will continue to run crazed in the street because we have let our guard down on what is right and wrong in society. Children should be protected. R. Kelly and others like him are threats and should be treated as such.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home