Monday, March 26, 2007

Nadja News! (Sunday with the Ducks and Drakes)

Sunday, March 25 was a relaxing day for Nadja and me. She woke in a conversation with someone, the ancestors perhaps, and then she acknowledged me by saying 'Tee, Tee' and pointing to my mouth. She has learned what 'teeth' are and it is amazing to me because she will turn 11 months on April 4 (amen-ase to Dr. King).

We left the house around 5:30pm to run a few errands. Wal - Mart to get some grits and salmon, Mikes car wash to get the trash out of the passenger side of the car (I am horrible when it comes to cleaning my car) and on the way home, we stopped by the park to see and hear the birds. Specifically, the ducks and drakes and those other things with the long necks. Now mind you, when we went on Saturday, she was terrified. All of the fire and spunk and sassiness disappeared when she saw these creatures. Nadja was humbled, but it did not last long because on Sunday, she tried to roll up on the bird creatures. They politely walked off leaving her to explore other things. She pointed at the tree, so I let her touch the trunk of the tree, the bark, and she smiled. She touched the green of the shrubbery and she tried to do the 'let me feel the mud' thing but I stopped her. Another time for all of that.

I am happy that Nadja is developing well. I am prayerful that she continues to develop and lives a long, happy and healthy life. I must digress a bit though. Unfortunately, some people like to tell lies so they can author confusion and chaos. All I will say to that (and you know who you are) that Nadja is protected with the blood of my ancestors and the prayers of ancients and saints. I will protect and defend her to my deat. I think all who read this will know and understand. Bottom line, don't mess with my child cause the me you meet after you mess with her is the me you should be running from.

They call Nadja 'grandma' at the daycare because she does not want to hang out with the infants, she prefers the toddler room. She started walking at 9 months and has a jumpstart on talking. I won't say I want her to slow down, I will say that I want her to be and become who she is and will be.

Peace,
Mama Jah, Nadja's Mama

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home