Friday, March 23, 2007

Nadja News! Ali Center and Learning Louisville

Nadja and I ventured to Louisville, KY to visit the Muhammad Ali Center and the Kentucky Derby Museum (with my job) on March 2nd and 3rd. The Ali Center is beautiful and will always hold a special place in my heart because it is so global. I was especially moved to tears at the photo gallery which displayed pictures of Darfur. The Hope and Justice wall is beautiful. It is covered with tiles decorated by children from around the world. I have a photo of Nadja pointing to one that she liked.

Unfortunately, Nadja and Mama Jah are exhausted and after working two weekends in a row our bodies fell ill. She has the stomach flu and I have something that is causing me to be extremely exhausted. I am at work now just to check email but I am very ill. Nadja is with me and we will go home soon to rest some more and hopefully be back to our normal schedule on tomorrow (Wednesday). I am truly blessed to have a job that allows me sick days for myself and for my daughter without threat of being fired.

Though I am technically still married, I am a single parent and I can honestly understand why women who take on the bulk of the responsibility of raising children get so angry at the 'baby's daddy'. After all, it took two to make her and it takes two to take care of her. I am very angry folks, and I am trying to find a way to NOT pass this anger on to Nadja. All prayers and positive energy accepted for our health, physically and mentally and emotionally.

Love and light to all

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home