Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A Revelation: Nadja & Mama Jah

On April 4, Nadja will be 11 months old and so will I. How, you may ask? Well, giving birth made me a new woman so I celebrate my birth into Motherhood as I celebrate Nadja's birth into the physical realm.

Nadja listened to the Black Voices of Inspiration Choir rehearse last night. The drum set, keyboards and voices created a calm, a quiet peace inside of her. It was a beautiful thing to watch her interact with folks. She will let you know who she likes and who she does not like, to me, that is a good sign. We are not suppose to like everybody all of the time.

Over the past Almost 11 months, I have felt my body go through some really drastic changes. Depression and anxiety were a part of my personal struggle during pregnancy. I did not feel that I had begun to heal internally until she was about 6 months old. One day, while sitting at my desk, I felt a surge of energy run through me and it hasn't left. That is when I realized that I was really tired, my body was really traumatized, and bouncing back is a process.

I am trying to figure out what to do for Nadja for her first birthday celebration. I know it is more for me than her at this stage but she is so special, I want her to see pictures of her at this stage once she gets older.

Currently, when her face pops up on my screen saver at home, she points and smiles as I say 'that's you, that's Baby Nadja'. She knows how to give kisses and she knows what her teeth are (not just because she likes to practice biting people). She knows her teeth because she is curious and I talk to her when I see her trying to figure things out. Take this morning for instance, she was staring at the lock on the front door as I put the key in to secure our home in our absence. I showed her the key, pointed to the lock and said' key, lock, key in lock, locking the door'. She smiled.

I like Nadja! I like her personality, even the times she in fussy and slapping stuff out of my hand when she does not approve of it or want it. THIS WILL GET OLD WHEN SHE GETS OLDER, but I see a little girl, developing into her own and it is beautiful.

Peace,
Djali, Nadja's Mama

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home