Thursday, April 05, 2007

Love and Loss
by Jolivette 'the poet warrior'

I may not be Radio Raheem with the Love/Hate rings from 'do the right thing'
but I am...
SORRY.
I apologize to you Love
for thinking you were something you are not and
acting selfishly in how unselfishly I
gave you away to those that did not want you.

I apologize to you Hate
for using you to cleanse the things in me
that Love created,
that I mistakenly redefined.

I can't get rid of either of you in this dance of denial.
fighting myself is useless,
fighting you is futile
I will only ask you back again
once I am healed
but the next time around,
I will respect the sacred ground that you enter,
that sacred ground is the heart and mind of the one courageous enough
to let you in again.

That would be me, eventually.
(to be continued)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home