Thursday, June 28, 2007

Dear All,
Nadja and I traveled to Collegeville, MN on June 9, 2007. We stayed onthe beautiful, tranquil campus of St. John's University. St. John'ssits on 2400 acres of land and has beautiful nature trails, ponds, andtrees. Nadja liked the trees. We were there because I was a guestKeynote (Kindler) Speaker for a conference titled 'Community: The Art ofLiving Together'. The Benedictine Community has existed in MN for 150years. Nadja and I were honored to be a part of how they look at thenext 150 years.

We met many wonderful people and I was reconnected with Kevin and RachelWalker. About 10 or so years ago. Kevin and Rachel were visitingLittle Rock, Arkansas and looked in the newspaper and found that apoetry reading was happening. I was the poet. After the performance wechatted and they said, maybe we can get you to Cornel University, theydid. Then, out of the blue it seems, I get an email from Rachaeltelling me to expect a call from Patrick Henry inviting me toparticipate in the Art of Living Together conference. He called, Nadjaand I traveled ( I put her into the contract and they agreed to takecare of both of us AND THEY DID)

We met Bishop Hoyt, Sharon Reives, Abbott Christopher, Ray Suarez and so many more!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home