Monday, May 14, 2007

The Dancing Nadja

On yesterday, we attended a birthday party for Chase, Heidi's little princess. Nadja had a good time and it was good for me to see her interacting with other children.

The Weekend was filled with Sam Cooke, sleep, cleaning (believe it or not) and a few phone calls and text messages wishing me a happy mothers day (more on that in a minute).

I noticed Nadja moving her feet to the sound of music. She use to simply rock her upper body back and forth and I was glad to see she has rhythm. I was throughly surprised to see her stomp her feet and step back and forth to the beat. I guess she will take after her father in that respect, he is a professional dancer / choreographer from Ivory Coast, Africa.

The joy in her eyes as she stomps her feet and tries to rock her upper body at the same time, the laughter and the happiness inside of her is humbling to me. I am so proud to be her mother yet I feel so horrible that she does not have a father in the home loving her. Being a single parent is not something I ever wanted to do because I know how important a father is to children and how important a husband is to a wife. Unfortunately, father is absent. I will do my best but I know I can never fill that void in her life and Nadja deserves the best.

Mother's Day for me was not good. My brother, Jethro Jr. called and said, Jamir (my nephew) and I called you earlier to tell you Happy Mothers Day. My response was 'yeah, well, whatever'. He laughed and said, "aw, I guess we could have kept that." I replied, "Yep, pretty much." He said, "Jolly, it will get better, once Nadja starts bringing you hand made cards from school with 'I love you' mispelled and a heart cut with some jagged sissors- you'll look at it like, damn, this look like a real heart, for real."

He made me laugh like he always do, my little brother! He is one of the reasons why I know that BABBIES NEED DADDIES. My baby brother and my dad (amen-ase) are two other reasons.

Peace,
J.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home